A classic that isn't just for fall. This pumpkin soup recipe is so delicious, you'll be craving it all year. Plus, it makes a great addition to holiday meals and is easy to prepare. Grab some fresh pumpkin and get ready to dig into this satisfying soup.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)*
- 2 cubes Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper; heat through.
- *SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin instead of fresh pumpkin. Stir in canned pumpkin with the water.
- TIP FOR ENTERTAINING: Serve pumpkin soup inside hollowed mini pumpkins.