Imperial Arroz Con Pollo
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
- 3 lbs. roasting chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cubes Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4 oz.) chopped pimientos
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- In 6-quart saucepot, cover chicken with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked; drain. Let cool 10 minutes, then shred chicken, discarding bones and skin; reserve chicken.
- In same saucepot, combine Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes, 6 cups water and paprika. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in Mayonnaise and 1/2 cup cheese; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes; drain. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and reserved chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pimientos and green peas. In serving bowl, combine rice mixture with chicken mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.