Cutlets in a Red Wine Cream Sauce
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time5 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 lb. veal cutlets or pork, pounded thin
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. shallots
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Mushroom gravy mix
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Mix flour and garlic salt together. Dip veal in flour mixture, coating well; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown veal, a few at a time, and adding additional 2 tablespoons olive oil as needed. Remove veal to serving platter and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute. Stir in water and Knorr® Mushroom gravy mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Stir in cream. Pour sauce over veal and serve to those you love.