Chili Con Queso
The next time you're craving chips, try our Chili Con Queso dip recipe, which serves as a delicious cheesy dip with a kick.
- Makes 5 cups
- Preparation Time5 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Melt Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in water, tomato, Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor, chili powder and cumin and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cream and chilies, then reduce heat and gradually stir in cheese, 1 cup at a time. Simmer, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Microwave Spread with onion in 2-quart microwave-safe casserole uncovered at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in water, tomato, Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken, chili powder and cumin. Microwave 11 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cream, chilies and cheese. Microwave 1 minute or until heated through; stir. Serve as above.
- Also terrific with Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Beef.