Chicken Chipotle Stew
Chicken Chipotle Stew makes for the perfect meal with a kick. Chipotle chilies and bell peppers make this chicken recipe one you'll be hot for.
|Serving Size per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||300|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||50 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time55 min
- 1 cup water
- 2 dried chipotle chilies
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 1/2 -lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces (with or without skin)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Process water, chilies, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and garlic powder in blender or food processor; set aside.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken and drippings and set aside.
- Cook onions, carrot, zucchini and green peppers in same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return chicken and drippings to skillet. Pour bouillon mixture over chicken. Simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Garnish, if desired, with finely chopped fresh oregano leaves.