Chicken & Rice Jambalaya
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||210|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||84 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||90 %|
- Recipe Serves2
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time13 min
- 4 slices bacon [or smoked sausage], chopped
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Cajun Sides™ - Red Beans & Rice
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, partially thawed
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Cook bacon in 12-inch skillet until crisp; remove bacon and set aside. Reserve drippings.
- Add chicken and green pepper to reserved drippings in same skillet and brown chicken, about 3 minutes. Stir in water, Knorr® Cajun Sides™ - Red Beans & Rice and peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and rice is tender. Stir in hot pepper sauce.
- *SUBSTITUTION: Use 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey; stir into skillet during the last 2 minutes of cooking.