Hearty Beef & Vegetable Stew
You're going to love Our Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew, hands down. A medley of flavors come together to create a beef recipe you'll want time and time again.
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time45 min
- 3 Tbsp. corn oil
- 1 lb. beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. green cabbage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. calabaza pumpkin [or butternut squash], cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cubes Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1 envelope Knorr® Sazon with Garlic and Onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown steak, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove steak and set aside.
- In same saucepot, add onion, green pepper, tomato and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Return steak to saucepot. Stir in cabbage, pumpkin, potatoes, Knorr ® Beef flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with 4 cups water, Knorr® Sazon All Purpose Seasoning, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve bouillon. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Stir in chick peas.
- In small bowl, blend remaining 1/4 cup water with cornstarch until smooth; stir into beef stew. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute or until stew thickens.