Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Add a splash of your favorite dry red wine for more depth of flavor.
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time330 min
- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. medium potatoes, cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas
- Pour boiling water over Knorr® Homestyle Stock in large measuring cup or bowl; stir until dissolved; set aside.
- Season beef with black pepper, then coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, in two batches, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in 5-quart slow cooker. Add beef, 3 cups prepared Stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 5 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Blend remaining 2 tablespoons flour with remaining 1/4 cup prepared Stock in small bowl until smooth. Stir flour mixture, then peas into slow cooker. Increase the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.4
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!0
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.5
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4