Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
Some meals are worth the wait, like this Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli soup recipe. With plenty of veggies, beans, and pasta the time spent waiting for it to cook will melt away once you put that first spoonful in your mouth.
- Makes 8 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time4 hr 30 min
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (16 oz.) cannellini beans or white kidney beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; set aside.
- Cook onion, carrots and celery in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Turn onion mixture into slow cooker. Add 1/2 of the bacon and reserve remaining bacon for garnish. Mash 1/2 cup beans with fork. Stir in beans, tomatoes, Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cubes and water. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Stir in ditalini and cook covered on HIGH an additional 30 minutes. Serve with reserved bacon and, if desired, grated Parmesan cheese.