Creamy Potato & Cheese Soup
Get your cheesy potato fix with our Creamy Potato Cheese Soup recipe that puts two favorites in one bowl.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3/4 lb. potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 6 ounces Oaxaca or Asadero cheese or mozzarella, cubed
- Bring water and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add potatoes, reduce heat and boil gently covered about 8 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Do not drain; reserve 1/2 cup potato liquid.
- Meanwhile, roast onion and garlic in a dry medium skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Chop onion and peel garlic. Cook poblano pepper over open flame about 5 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Wrap pepper in aluminum foil and let stand until cool. Peel, seed and roughly chop pepper.
- Process onion, pepper, garlic and reserved potato cooking liquid in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Stir in milk and cheese and heat until cheese is melted.