Classic Potato Leek Soup
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 1 package Knorr® Leek recipe mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine [or water]
- 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream [or half and half ]
- Feel like you need a hug? Make this soup...
- Combine Knorr® Leek recipe mix, broth, wine and potatoes in a 4-quart stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Process potato mixture in a blender or food processor, in batches until smooth. Stir in cream just before serving. Garnish with crisp-cooked crumbled bacon.
- Classic Vichyssoise: Chill soup completely. Garnish with chopped chives.