Prime Rib Beef
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||700|
|Total Fat||78 g|
|Saturated Fat||31 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
- 6 lbs. standing rib roast
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. mixed wild mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Bring beef to room temperature before roasting, about 1 hour.
- Combine mustard with 1 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube, garlic and chopped leaves from 5 sprigs of thyme and 2 1/2 sprigs rosemary in small bowl. Season, if desired, with black pepper, then evenly spread beef with mustard mixture on top and sides.
- Arrange beef, mustard-side up, in large roasting pan. Roast, uncovered in center oven until desired doneness*, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat Country Crock® Spread and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and remaining herbs until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove roast to carving board, loosely covered with aluminim foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings from pan, discarding the rest. Heat reserved drippings in roasting pan and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in water, remaining Bouillon Cube, wine and vinegar until no lumps remain. Stir in mushrooms and herbs. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thicken, about 3 minutes. Discard herb sprigs. Serve over sliced beef.
- *For rare doneness, meat thermoter should read 140° and 155° for medium doneness.