Chicken Chorizo Pasta
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time8 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 link (3 ounces) chorizo, chopped, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped, (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped, (1 cup)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, (or more to taste)
- 1 package Knorr® Italian Sides™ - Creamy Garlic Shells
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- SEASON chicken, if desired, with salt. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken and chorizo, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and chorizo is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and chorizo and set aside.
- ADD green pepper, onion and cayenne to same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- BRING 2 cups water, 1/2 cup milk, Knorr® Italian Sides™ - Creamy Garlic Shells and tomato paste to a boil in same skillet. Cook, covered, according to package directions. Stir in chicken and chorizo. Sprinkle, if desired, with chopped parsley.
- TIP: Also delicious with shrimp!