Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time480 min
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-in pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 package Knorr® Classic Brown gravy mix
- 1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup water and Knorr® Classic Brown gravy mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over short ribs.
- Cover and cook at LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook at HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.
- TIP: If desired, replace 1/3 cup water with dry red wine. A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley adds a nice touch to the finished dish.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.4