Sweet White Beans
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time5 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 3 cups water
- 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. ea.) small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar [or light brown sugar]
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat and cook onion until lightly golden. Add hocks and cook turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add water and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, mustard, ginger, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Remove hocks from pot. When cool enough to handle, shred meat from bones and return meat to pot.