Mexican Fried Rice
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- Chill Time3 hr
- 1 envelope Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated, about 3/4 cup each
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice according to Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix package directions. Let cool 3 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in large deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat and cook ham, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in corn and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in poblano and red peppers and white part of green onions and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in chipotle pepper and rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is heated through.
- Make a well in the center of rice. Pour eggs into center and cook just until starting to set. Stir eggs into rice.
- Remove rice from heat stir in about 2/3 of the green onions and cilantro. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.