Rice with Peas (Arroz con Gandules)
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2 strips bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pigeon peas [or small pink beans], rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green olives with pimento
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained
- Cook bacon In large saucepan over medium heat until crisp and fat has been rendered.
- Stir in peppers; cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until crisp- tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring, 4 minutes. Stir in peas, tomato, water and Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in olives and capers; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.