Pork Chops with Sweet Potato & Black Bean Rice
Pork Chops With Sweet Potato Black Bean Rice makes for a luscious combo you'll want more and more of. Simply season the chops with olive oil and spices and you'll be feasting on this sweet pork recipe in about an hour.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (about 1 lb.), trimmed of fat
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato [or yam], peeled and cubed
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.