Abuelita's Ropa Vieja
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||340|
|Total Fat||58 %|
|Saturated Fat||70 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber||12 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time225 min
- 2 lbs. boneless beef brisket [or flank steak], trimmed
- 3 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine [or water]
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Season brisket with 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon.
- Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add brisket. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove brisket and cool slightly. Shred brisket with two forks, then return to in sauce mixture; heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
- Cost per recipe*: $13.91 Cost per serving*: $2.32 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- TIP: Also makes a great filling for burritos and tacos! Serve in warmed tortillas with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favorite toppings.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.5
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.4