Graveyard Spinach Dip
|Serving Size 2 Tbsp.|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
- Makes 4 cups
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) party pumpernickel bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread. In shallow 1-1/2-quart casserole, spoon spinach mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, cut bread slices into ''tombstone'' shapes. Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on wire rack. Decorate, if desired, with additional tinted Mayonnaise*.
- To serve, arrange a few ''tombstones'' in cooked dip and serve with remaining ''tombstones'' and your favorite dippers.
- *Combine 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, 5 drops yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring in small resealable plastic bag. Gently squeeze to mix. Snip one corner of bag and decorate ''tombstones''.
- Cost per recipe*: $11.83.
Cost per 2-Tbsp. serving*: $0.37.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.