Bean & Chorizo Tamales
- Makes 25 tamale
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time68 min
- 30 corn husks
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) refried beans
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 cups masa harina
- 1 cup lard [or vegetable shortening]
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Soak corn husks in warm water until soft, about 1 hour. Drain and throughly dry corn husks.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet and cook onion and chorizo stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in refried beans, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed, and cook until heated through; set aside.
- For masa dough, dissolve Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in boiling water. Pour water into mixing bowl, then stir in masa harina and baking powder. Beat on medium speed using paddle attachment, until combined. Remove from bowl and set aside. Beat lard on high speed in same bowl until very fluffy. Reduce speed to medium, then add masa mixture, a handful at a time, until mixture is smooth and well combined. Increase speed to high and beat until masa is a soft, thick paste, about about 4 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup masa dough onto each husk. Place 2 tablespoons bean filling on the middle of the masa dough. Fold sides of corn husk to center, wrapping the filling. Fold one end of corn husk up against the seam to seal.
- Arrange tamales vertically in steamer basket over a pot over boiling water, top with extra husks. Cover with lid and steam until husks pull away from filling, about 45 minutes. Check water level often and add additional water as necessary to avoid burning tamales. Cool tamales 3 minutes before serving.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.5
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4.1
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.4
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.6