Satisfy your pho cravings with this Vegetarian Pho soup recipe. It has the perfect amount of five-spice, bok choy, tofu, and rice noodles in each and every spoonful.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. five-spice powder
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cut into narrow strips
- 1 small bok choy, cut crosswise into thin strips (keep stems and leaves separate)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into narrow strips
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles, ( 1/4 to 1/2-inch wide), prepared according to package directions
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion with five-spice powder, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable until Stock melts. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, about 3 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook tofu, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil into same skillet over medium-high heat and cook bok choy stems with carrots, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in bok choy leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Stir in noodles.
- Evenly divide soup into 4 bowls, then top with tofu and vegetables. Serve, if desired, with cilantro, green onions, bean sprouts and/or lime wedges.