Chicken with White Wine & Cream Sauce
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time35 min
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup white wine [or water]
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and reserve drippings; set aside.
- Cook onion with garlic in reserved drippings, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken until Stock is melted. Return chicken to skillet and simmer, covered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.* Stir in basil.
- *To thicken sauce, cook uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
TIP: For a lower-fat alternative, omit heavy cream and stir in 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese before serving.
- Cost per recipe*: $10.18
Cost per serving*: $2.54
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.