Chicken with Butternut Squash
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time35 min
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 lbs. chicken parts
- 1 medium butternut squash(about 12 oz.), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth(optional)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and reserve drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Brown chicken in reserved drippings; remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook squash in same skillet, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in vermouth and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in cider, sage and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken until Stock is melted.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 25 minutes, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Garnish with crumbled bacon.