Roasted Beet & Brown Rice Salad
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time25 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 large beets, (about 1 lb.), peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and quartered
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos
- 4 ounces halved green beans, (about 1 cup), blanched and chilled
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Combine 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable, olive oil and vinegar in small bowl; reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Bring water, rice and remaining tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable to a boil over high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered according to rice package directions; cool slightly. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining vinegar mixture and set aside.
- Toss beets, onion and 3 tablespoon reserved vinegar mixture, then arrange on large baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until beets are tender and onions are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Roast chick peas or garbanzos beans on another baking sheet until chick peas or garbanzo beans are slightly crunchy and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Toss green beans, onion mixture, chick peas or garbanzo beans and remaining vinegar mixture in large bowl. Gently stir in rice. Top with almonds and goat cheese.
- TIP: To prevent beets from turning onions pink, try tossing them separately.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.4