Roasted Beet & Brown Rice Salad
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time25 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 large beets, (about 1 lb.), peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and quartered
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos
- 4 ounces halved green beans, (about 1 cup), blanched and chilled
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Combine 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable, olive oil and vinegar in small bowl; reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Bring water, rice and remaining tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable to a boil over high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered according to rice package directions; cool slightly. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining vinegar mixture and set aside.
- Toss beets, onion and 3 tablespoon reserved vinegar mixture, then arrange on large baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until beets are tender and onions are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Roast chick peas or garbanzos beans on another baking sheet until chick peas or garbanzo beans are slightly crunchy and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Toss green beans, onion mixture, chick peas or garbanzo beans and remaining vinegar mixture in large bowl. Gently stir in rice. Top with almonds and goat cheese.
- TIP: To prevent beets from turning onions pink, try tossing them separately.