Chicken Pot Pie
Packed with tender vegetables and chicken, this comfort food classic is so flavorful, it’s easy to imagine spending hours in the kitchen preparing dinner. But this chicken pot pie recipe is ready in about 20 minutes, so it's a great weeknight dinner.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 small carrot
- 6 ribs celery
- Pearl or chippoline onions
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, rolled out lightly
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and white pepper 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook carrot, celery and onions 2 minutes. Strain out vegetables, reserve vegetable water.
- Bring reserved vegetable broth and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken to a simmer in 2-quart saucepan. Whisk in corn starch combined with a little water. Stir in cream, chicken and vegetables. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Brush edges of pie plate with egg. Turn mixture into pie plate, then top with crust; pressing edges to seal. Brush top with egg, then slit.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.