Citrus Herb-Roasted Turkey & Port Gravy
- Recipe Serves12
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time180 min
- 1 orange, halved
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, divided
- 1/4 cup assorted fresh herbs (fresh thyme leaves, sage, parsley and/or rosemary)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 1 11 lb. turkey, giblets and neck reserved
- 4 cups water
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup port wine
- Preheat oven to 400°. Squeeze juice from 1/2 of the orange; set aside.
- Combine 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, herbs, olive oil, orange juice and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture under and over turkey skin. Arrange remaining 1/2 orange and onion inside cavity of turkey. Arrange turkey in roasting pan on rack.
- Roast turkey 45 minutes. Decrease oven to 375° and roast 1 hour. Baste turkey and turn pan in oven. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 165°, about 1 hour. Remove turkey from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved giblets, turkey neck, 4 cups water, celery, carrot and onion to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer covered 1 hour. Remove and discard vegetables and strain off 3 cups liquid. Use 1 cup to baste turkey and reserve 2 cups to make gravy.
- To make gravy, combine reserved 2 cups liquid with flour in small bowl, then stir into pan over medium heat. Stir in port wine and remaining Stock, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until gravy is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain, if desired. Stir in cream and remaining black pepper. Serve gravy with chicken.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4.1
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.5