Sweet & Savory Sausage Stuffing
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time45 min
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 French baguette, cut into small cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Cook sausage in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until done, about 6 minutes. Remove sausage from skillet; reserve drippings.
- Cook onion, celery and carrots in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring until Stock is dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients. Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake covered 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.