Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup is packed with spices for a truly balanced flavor. This soup recipe has roasted vegetables and spices that pack an invigorating taste in every bowl.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||190 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time50 min
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (about 5 cups)
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes [or all-purpose potatoes], peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large shallots [or 1 medium onion], chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme and/or rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger
- Fig Relish* (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Toss squash, potatoes, shallots, garlic and olive oil in small roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown.
- Bring water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, roasted vegetables, thyme and ginger to a boil over high heat in 5-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Process soup, in batches, in blender until desired smoothness.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with Fig Relish*.
- *Fig Relish - Melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread over medium-high heat in medium nonstick skillet and cook 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chopped dried Mission figlets and 1/4 cup Port. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until figs are softened and liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.