Grilled Skirt Steak Tostadas
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time45 min
- Marinate for30 min
- Cooking Time8 min
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 lb. skirt steak or flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 bag (4 oz.) baby watercress or baby spinach (about 6 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 3 large radishes, julienned (1/8- x 1/8- x 3-inch strips)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 (5-in. ea.) corn tostadas
- 1/2 cup shredded queso fresco cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 oz.)
- Combine lime juice, olive oil and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds; reserve 1 tablespoon. Pour remaining marinade over steak in large resealable plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Mayonnaise with reserved 1 tablespoon marinade in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine watercress, tomatoes, radishes and onion in large bowl; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil steak, turning once, until desired doneness, about 8 minutes. Thinly slice steak and keep warm.
- Evenly divide steak on tostadas. Toss watercress mixture with mayonnaise mixture, then mound on tostadas and sprinkle with cheese.
- *SUBSITUTION: To make your own tostadas, fry corn tortillas in small skillet in oil, one at a time, turning once, until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- TIP: Top tostadas with your favorite refried black bean recipe.
TIP: Serve, if desired, with salsa verde and chopped avocado.