French Onion Soup
Buttery, golden onions and melted cheese are at the center of this classic French onion soup recipe, but add a little Knorr® Homestyle Stock and you get a dish with memorably rich flavor.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, crushed
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 6 slices (1/2-in.-thick ea.) French bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt Spread in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring frequently, until golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are browned and very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef, scraping up brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes. Stir in sherry.
- Arrange 6 broiler-proof bowls on baking pan. Evenly ladle soup into bowls, then top with bread and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.