French Onion Soup
Buttery, golden onions and melted cheese are at the center of this classic French onion soup recipe, but add a little Knorr® Homestyle Stock and you get a dish with memorably rich flavor.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, crushed
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 6 slices (1/2-in.-thick ea.) French bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt Spread in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions, stirring frequently, until golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are browned and very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef, scraping up brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes. Stir in sherry.
- Arrange 6 broiler-proof bowls on baking pan. Evenly ladle soup into bowls, then top with bread and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.