Fajita Chili Con Carne
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||160|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||90 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 1 lb. ground beef [or ground turkey]
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Knorr® Menu Flavors Rice Sides™ - Steak Fajitas flavor
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish, if desired, with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sliced green onions.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!
- Cost per recipe*: $6.94
Cost per serving*: $1.73
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.