Southwestern Corn Chowder
Prepare to chow down. This Southwestern Corn Chowder soup recipe adds lime and cilantro to give this soup a unique tangy flavor.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) creamed corn
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- Melt Spread in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook potatoes with onion, stirring occasionally, until potatoes start to stick and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken until Stock is melted. Stir in water, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Stir in corn and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Lightly mash potatoes with fork or potato masher until creamy. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- See nutrition information for sodium content.