Creamy Shrimp Asparagus 'Risotto'
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter
- 1 box (7.5 oz.) frozen asparagus spears, thawed or fresh asparagus*, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in water and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus and simmer until rice is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Remove from heat and stir in half and half and cheese.
- *If using fresh asparagus, stir in at the same time as water and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter.