Cilantro Pork with Sweet Potato Rice
If you love pork and sweet potatoes, you're in luck. Cilantro Pork With Sweet Potato Rice is a pork recipe that takes your taste buds for a ride with sweet and savory flavors you can't get enough of.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||97 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|
|Vitamin A||180 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and rub into meat. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large deep nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, sweet potato and garlic, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and remaining Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.