Chicken & Leek Pot Pies
Enjoy one now...freeze the second for another day.
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 1 package Knorr® Leek recipe mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (corn, peas, carrots, and/or broccoli)
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts or pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring Knorr® Leek recipe mix, water and milk just to a boil over medium-high heat in large saucepan, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Stir in vegetables, chicken, thyme and, if desired, ground black pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Evenly spoon into two 9-inch pie plates.
- Top each with pie crust. Press pie crust around edge of pie plates to seal; trim excess pastry, then flute edges. Make small slits in pastry with tip of knife. Bake 20 minutes or until crusts are golden.
- FREEZING/MAKE-AHEAD DIRECTIONS: Prepare as above but do not bake. Wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze. To bake, preheat oven to 375°. Remove from freezer and remove foil. Wrap edges of pie shell with foil. Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.