Arroz Con Pollo Verde
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbs||71 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema [or sour cream]
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or rice is until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in corn and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove skillet from heat, then stir in chicken, beans, Mexican crema and salsa verde. Spread 1/2 of the rice mixture in prepared dish; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, then top with remaining rice and cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.