Ginger, Coconut & Currant Rice
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger [or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger]
- 1 cup regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup currants [or raisins]
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic, ginger and rice until rice is golden.
- Stir in coconut milk and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until coconut milk is absorbed. Add water and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in currants and return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered an additional 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish, if desired, with toasted sliced almonds.
- TIP: Ginger Coconut & Currant Rice makes a terrific stuffing! Great for pork or chicken.