Ginger, Coconut & Currant Rice
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger [or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger]
- 1 cup regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup currants [or raisins]
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic, ginger and rice until rice is golden.
- Stir in coconut milk and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until coconut milk is absorbed. Add water and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in currants and return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered an additional 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish, if desired, with toasted sliced almonds.
- TIP: Ginger Coconut & Currant Rice makes a terrific stuffing! Great for pork or chicken.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.5