Cuban Rice & Beans with Crispy Fried Plantains
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 sweet plantain, sliced
- 1 cup regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves [or cilantro]
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook plantain, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until golden. Remove to paper towels; season lightly with salt.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook rice, onion and green pepper, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beans and parsley and heat through. To serve, top with crispy plantains.
- *To make a full meal: Brown pork chops with the onion and green pepper; remove from skillet. Continue with recipe as above, returning pork chops to skillet with the beans and parsley. Continue cooking until pork is done.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.