Tamarind Rice & Chick Peas
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small green and/or red bell peppers
- 1 cup regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup tamarind juice [or papaya nectar]
- 5 tsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (16 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook green peppers and rice, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until rice is golden. Stir in water, tamarind juice and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in chick peas or garbanzos or garbanzo beans and simmer covered 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in oranges and almonds. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
- *Also terrific with Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon. Simply substitute 1 Tbsp. Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon for the Knorr Reduced Sodium Chicken Bouillon.
- For an adventurous option, substitute 1/2 cup quinoa for the chick peas. Reduce rice to 1/2 cup and stir in quinoa after bringing water, tamarind juice and Bouillon to a boil. Simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.