Spicy Cashew Chicken
Cook up this quick and easy spicy cashew chicken recipe in less than 15 minutes. Spicy red pepper flakes and salty cashews give this restaurant-worthy dish an irresistibly rich nuttiness. Add bean sprouts for extra crunch, or serve in lettuce wraps.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||210|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time14 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook red pepper flakes 30 seconds. Add red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 7 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in cashews and peas until heated through.
- Also terrific with Knorr® Asian Sides™ - Chicken Fried Rice. Cost per recipe*: $10.12 Cost per serving*: $2.53 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.