Caribbean Poblano Fried Rice
- Recipe Serves10
- Preparation Time25 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 ounces chorizo sausage, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium poblano peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 4 cups rice
- 1 Knorr® Onion MiniCube, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo with poblanos about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp, red pepper and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in beans and pineapple and cook about 1 minute. Stir in rice. Remove from heat and stir in MiniCube. Stir in reserved pineapple juice as needed.
- *Feel free to substitute 1 Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube.
- Also terrific with Knorr Shrimp flavored Bouillon Cubes or Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor. Cost per recipe*: $12.91 Cost per serving*: $1.29 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.