Spicy Potato Flautas
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- Stand Time20 min
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled, boiled and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded queso fresco cheese [or Monterey Jack cheese]
- 2 Knorr® Garlic MiniCubes, crumbled
- 2 dried guajillo peppers
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and 1 Knorr® Garlic MiniCubes; set aside.
- Roast guajillo peppers in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and cool slightly. Cut pepper in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Soak peppers in 2 cups boiling water until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from water, reserving water. Scrape the pulp from peppers, discarding skins; set aside.
- Cook onion in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce and cook about 5 minutes.
- Process pepper pulp, sauce mixture and remaining MiniCube in a blender until smooth, adding reserved water as needed.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry tortillas, one at a time to soften, about 10 seconds; drain on paper towels. Divide potato mixture onto tortillas. Roll up and secure each with a toothpick.
- Fry flautas in batches in same skillet until crisp, about 1 minute, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. To serve, top flautas with sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.5