Enchiladas con Nopales
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time30 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s)
- 1 jar (28 oz.) nopales cactus strips, rinsed and drained (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 1/2 of the onion, until caramelized, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in sour cream and Knorr® Chipotle MiniCubes.
- Combine remaining onion, nopales and 1 cup cheese in a medium bowl. Dip tortillas into tomato sauce mixture, then evenly fill with nopales mixture; roll up. Arrange seam-side down in the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining sauce, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped cilantro and drizzle with additional sour cream.
- Also terrific with Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube.