Spicy Chicken Empanadas
- Makes 10 empanadas
- Preparation Time30 min
- Cooking Time3 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped, ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso blanco cheese
- 10 frozen empanada discs, thawed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to break up pieces. Stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients and cook about 7 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Roll dough into 5-inch circles on a very lightly floured surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into centers. Evenly sprinkle with cheese. Fold each in half, pressing out air bubbles. Moisten edges with water and seal tightly with a fork.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep medium skillet. Cook empanadas, a few at a time, about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; drain on paper towels.