|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 2 ounces fideos or vermicelli noodles, broken
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, cumin and 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon in medium bowl. Shape into 30 meatballs.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in medium saucepan over medium heat and brown meatballs, in batches, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe saucepan clean with paper towel. Add water, remaining 4 teaspoons Bouillon, meatballs and tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat and cook fideos, stirring frequently, until golden, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Add fideos to saucepan. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until fideos are tender. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro and grated cotija or Parmesan cheese.
- TIP: Wet hands when shaping meatballs to keep them from sticking to hands.