Smokey Braised Rolled Stuffed Steak
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time1 hr 45 min
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 medium carrot, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor, 1 tablespoon lime juice and next 5 ingredients. Evenly spread onto flank steak. Roll lengthwise, with the grain, and tie securely with kitchen twine.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown steak. Add water, remaining 1 tablespoon bouillon and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice. Simmer covered about 1-1/2 hours or until steak is tender. Remove steak and let stand covered 5 minutes before slicing. Boil sauce uncovered about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove twine, slice steak and drizzle with sauce.