Tamarind Braised Short Ribs
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time2 hr
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine, divided (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour(optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown ribs. Remove to 13 x 9-inch roasting pan; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook onion over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar and 2 tablespoons wine scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in water and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 2 hours or until ribs are tender. Degrease pan drippings. With wire whisk, blend remaining wine and flour until smooth. Add to pan and boil for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with ribs.