|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time55 min
- 1 1/4 lbs. pork butt, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cubes
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and brown pork. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion about 4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, cumin and oregano, and cook about 1 minute. Add pork and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Serve with chopped avocado, radish and lime wedges.
- Tips: For a quicker meal: substitute cooked, shredded pork, chicken or beef for the pork cubes and stir into onions after they are softened. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. For a lower fat meal: substitute 1-1/4 pounds pork tenderloin for pork butt and reduce cook time to 10 minutes or until pork is done.