Bring finger foods to the next level with this Flautas appetizer recipe. Bursting with flavorful chicken and tomatoes in a crispy tortilla shell you won’t be able to keep your hands—or mouth—of these.
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time25 min
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cubes Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube(s)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or lard
- 8 corn tortillas
- additional vegetable oil or lard for frying flautas
- Broil tomatoes about 8 minutes or until charred and well softened, turning occasionally. Remove skin from tomatoes. Process peeled tomatoes, onion, garlic and Knorr ® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor Cubes in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add tomato mixture and shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Heat 1-inch oil in large deep sided skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla about 10 seconds to soften; drain on paper towels. Divide chicken mixture between tortillas, roll up and secure each with a toothpick.
- Fry flautas in batches in same skillet about 2 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve, if desired, with guacamole and drizzle with Mexican crema or sour cream.